Call to Artists
Current Open Calls
The Center aims to activate underutilized spaces, engage community, and to create self-sustaining opportunities in alternative spaces.
Inspired by Chicago and NY-based projects, the Center aims to enliven its street presence with artist made flags that express issues in art and culture, taking a particular stand for humanitarianism and multiculturalism. A flag can bear emblems, mascots, instructions, and signs among other powerful images and text. Historically the act of altering national flags is a punishable crime in many nations worldwide. The raising of new flags, however, support new perspectives and possible solutions for a better economy, society, and an inclusive worldview.
The Center is an engaged organization that seeks to create community and foster emerging artists and curators. Our Curator of Exhibitions reviews submissions quarterly for group exhibitions with an emphasis on activation, collaboration, site-specificity, and contemporary research.
To be considered for the rotating review submit:
1) A Letter of Intent locating your thematic ideas, experience exhibiting, and narrative connected with your body of work or topic
2) A floorplan sketch designating two areas at the Center, which you would like to be considered for a specific project or as part of a group exhibition
3) CV with your current website at the top, outlining your education, exhibition experiences, awards, residencies, and publications
4) Bio narrating your history as an artist and/or curator
5) Artist or Curator Statement outlining your philosophy and approach to your practice, partnering institutions, and other affiliations
6) Email: email@example.com with the subject line, “Rotating Review”
Words of Wisdom
The rotating review is conducted on an ongoing basis between exhibitions and in coordination with the Center’s current exhibition programming. There is no set time for this review. If accepted, our Curator will personally email you. Submitting a proposal does not guarantee you an exhibition, yet we do value your time and continue to expand our outreach to artists.
We encourage all interested artists and curators to attend gallery happenings at the Center