About the Center
Full-time staff positions
Part-time staff positions
FULL-TIME STAFF POSITIONS
Responsible For: Coordinating, creating and implementing education programs and integrated curriculum.
Type: Full-time, salaried. $28,000-$37,000 based on qualifications and experience. 40 hours a week. Some flexible scheduling with evening and weekend hours necessary. Health and paid time off benefits available for this position.
Liaison with: Art and Culture Center/Hollywood (ACCH) administrators and staff, students, parents, teachers, artists, the general public and other organizations.
Reports to: Director of Education
Coordinates educational programming. Programming includes classes, after school programs, school partnerships, Distance Learning, camps, workshops, group tours, community events and other special projects. Creates integrated curriculum for new and existing programs for its present campus as well as for the planned expansion of the Center’s education facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and aid in implementation and teaching of education programs.
- Assist with development of integrated programs and curriculum. Ensure all curriculum is connected to State Standards, Common Core Standards and/or National Standards as well as integrated with STEAM, where appropriate.
- Implement and coordinate programming including workshops, classes, camps and special projects.
- Coordinate registration for all classes, camps and special programs. Keep thorough records of registrations and information using Excel, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring and supervision of qualified teachers, artists, performers and assistants and with communication with teachers, parents and guardians.
- Work with the Director of Education to develop new and expand existing programs – with specific emphasis on programs pertaining to the visual arts.
- Communicate with schools, families and communities to promote existing and upcoming programs and educational opportunities.
- Draft educational text necessary for programming materials and promotion.
- Monitor, organize and recommend purchase of supplies required to implement programs within budget allowance.
- Research, create and help implement other educational opportunities that help support the mission of the Art and Culture Center/Hollywood.
- Track and record information necessary for reports regarding the status and accomplishments of programs.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described and as organization needs.
Candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education (formal or informal), visual arts, art history, performing arts or other related field and a minimum of two years of experience working with children, education, curriculum development and/or instructional supervision. Teaching experience or teaching capability is required. Time spent working within the arts – especially visual arts – is highly desired. Experience integrating programs in more than one arts discipline is desired. Previous experience with Distance Learning or knowledge of advanced technology would be a plus. The candidate will work directly with children and families, so a strong sense of initiative, commitment, responsibility, dependability, flexibility and creativity is required. The candidate should work well as part of a team and also be self-directed. Exceptional communication, problem solving, attention to detail and diplomacy skills required. Excellent organizational and administrative skills as well as an ability to work well with the public is necessary. Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google platforms, as well as computer operating systems is required. The candidate must be able to work flexible evenings and weekends related to their area of coordination. Level 2 background check and Department of Children and Families clearance is required.
Please submit resume and any supplemental materials you feel relates to the position by mail, hand delivery, or email. Reference: Education Coordinator position. Position will remain open until filled.
Attn: Director of Education
Re: Education Coordinator Position
Art and Culture Center/Hollywood
1650 Harrison Street
Hollywood, Florida 33020
PART-TIME STAFF POSITIONS
Responsibilities: Looking for an enthusiastic and creative show choir choreographer for our afterschool Stage Kids program. In this program students work with our vocal director and choreographer to be immersed in performance techniques such as voice, acting and movement while gaining skills in character development, projection, articulation, creative thinking and concentration. With guidance, the choreographer will work with the vocal director to produce a show centered around a pre-selected music medley. Each session ends in a final performance for family and friends on May 8th, 2020.
Position Type: Contracted, project-based
Thurs., Jan. 23 – Fri., May 8, 2020
Tuesdays, 4:30 – 6:30 pm
(No class March 19th and March 26th)
Additional mandatory dress rehearsals:
Tues., April 21, 2020 | 5 – 7:30 pm
Thurs., April 23, 2020 | 5 – 7:30 pm
Tues., April 28, 2020 | 5 – 7:30 pm
Thurs., April 30, 2020 | 5 – 7:30 pm
Tues., May 5, 2020 | 5 – 7:30 pm
Performance: Friday, May 8th 6:30 pm
Reports to: Director of Education and Education Manager
Qualifications and Qualities for position
- 3 or more years of experience working with the 8 – 14 age group. Experience choreographing youth musical productions a necessity. Certified teacher a plus but not required
- Punctual and reliable with attention to detail
- Ability to interact positively with children, parents, administrative staff and coworkers
- Talent at making strict rehearsal schedule a fun, creative learning experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team
- Positive classroom management
- Must be able to pass a background check
Please submit resume and any supplemental materials you feel relates to the position by mail, hand delivery, or email. Reference: Choreographer – Stage Kids. Position will remain open until filled. No calls please.
Art and Culture Center/Hollywood
1650 Harrison Street
Hollywood, FL 33020