During the month of June, Art and Culture Center of Hollywood members receive free admittance to 15 other institutions in Broward/Palm Beach County – join or renew today!
Participants in Broward Attractions and Museums Month (BAMM)
- African American Research Library & Cultural Center
- Art and Culture Center of Hollywood
- Boca Raton Children’s Museum
- Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum
- Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
- Cinema Paradiso
- Classical South Florida 89.7 & 90.7 FM
- Fort Lauderdale History Center
- Historic Stranahan House Museum
- International Swimming Hall of Fame Museum
- IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame
- Museum of Art – Fort Lauderdale Nova Southeastern University
- Old Davie School Historical Museum
- Old Dillard Museum
- Plantation Historical Museum
- Seminole Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum
- Spady Cultural Heritage Museum
Aside from this benefit, Center members always enjoy the following:
- Free unlimited admission to exhibitions, opening receptions, and most exhibition-related events.
- Discounted tickets to the Center’s performing arts productions.
- Discounts on workshops and classes for children and adults.
- Advance notice of all Center exhibitions, performances, classes and special events.
- Free admission passes to exhibitions for guests.
- Discounts on after-school programs, classes, and camps for children.
- And much more!
There are a variety of membership levels, as well as discount memberships for full-time students, teachers, and working artists. For more information or to join by phone, please call 954. 921. 3274, ext. 235. You may also join on our Membership page. For more information about Broward Museum Month, visit BAMMinfo.org.
# Posted Wednesday May 15, 2013
# Posted Monday May 6, 2013
Florida Senator Eleanor Sobel (left) holds along with Art and Culture Center of Hollywood Executive Director Joy Satterlee, the proclamation of Joy’s appointment to the Florida Council on Arts and Culture, which makes cultural grant funding recommendations and encourages cultural development statewide. Senator Sobel had recommended Joy to Florida Senate President Don Gaetz, who made the appointment. Satterlee’s term is through Dec. 31, 2014. “I was proud to nominate Joy because of her commitment and leadership in the arts throughout Florida,” said Senator Sobel.
# Posted Tuesday April 16, 2013
# Posted Friday March 15, 2013
Check out photos from the Don Lambert/Brandon Opalka/Jenny Brillhart opening reception on our Facebook page. (You don’t need a Facebook account to see the photos.)
# Posted Tuesday March 12, 2013
The Art and Culture Center has just published the 2012 Year in Review. This 20-page publication lists the Center’s accomplishments for 2012, and presents an overview of the year ahead. Includes information on exhibitions, education programs, performing arts, membership and volunteer programs, the Center’s finances, and recognizes all the individuals, organizations, and government entities that support the Center. Stop by the Center, call 954. 921. 3274 or email info@ArtAndCultureCenter.org to receive a print edition.
The report is part of the new Publications page, where you can view a selection of the books, catalogs, and brochures the Center has released over the last few years.
# Posted Wednesday December 19, 2012
Michael Mills writes a glowing review in this week’s Broward/Palm Beach New Times on the Center’s three new exhibitions Justin H. Long: Bow Movement, Alex Trimino: Luminous, and Lori Nozick: Walkabout. Mills writes of Justin H. Long’s show: There’s no denying […] that it’s an exhilarating exhibition.
# Posted Thursday September 20, 2012
Chase Community Giving will award at least $10,000 to 196 non-profit organizations that receive the most votes. Help the Center win this minimum award – and possibly more!
Please vote for us before September 19 at http://is.gd/hollywoodart.
After you vote, please also share the Facebook link so that you can vote a second time when someone else votes through your link.
If you are a Chase customer, you can vote again at https://www.chasegiving.com.
You can vote for up to two non-profit organizations — we recommend casting your second vote for the Hollywood Jaycees Foundation or Young at Art. Thanks for your support!
# Posted Thursday September 6, 2012
# Posted Thursday June 14, 2012
Phillip Estlund: Subprime/Subtropics closes Sunday, May 27, 2012. If you haven’t yet seen the critically lauded show, you’re going to want to catch it while you can.
Praise for Phillip Estlund: Subprime/Subtropics:
Estlund eerily distills this essence of life in South Florida. – Michael Mills, Broward/Palm Beach New Times
The cognitive dissonance these images create is priceless. – John Thomason, Boca Magazine
# Posted Tuesday May 22, 2012